This is a bit of a micro recipe but is just as delicious as any others!
My mum used to make this on the regular and it’s always been one of my favourite dishes. Super simple, you can add any vegetables you want (I usually have broccoli, peas, or courgettes), and it comes together in less than 10 minutes.
This recipe is just for one because it really serves as a perfect warm meal to whip up before rushing off anywhere as a student, but just multiply the ingredients by how many people there are and enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 125g fresh tortellini
- 2 heaped tsp red pesto
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1-2 heaped tsp mascarpone
- Optional veg – handful of peas, 1/3 courgette, 1/4 head broccoli etc
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, salt, and cook the tortellini according to the packet instructions – should be a couple minutes for fresh tortellini, or around 6-8 if dried.
- Combine the sauce ingredients with cooked veg in a pan to heat up whilst cooking the pasta (or, if using uncooked veg, boil/fry them first, before the pasta, and then add the sauce)
- Drain the tortellini and stir through the sauce, and you’re done!